Monday, March 8, 2010

UAE: C U Soon!


Im'ma keep this short and sweet since I have an early morning flight, but watch this space for some updates, news and images from the Abu Dhabi Triathlon in the coming days. Since my new venture (yes, my NEW new venture) with LAVA Magazine, doesn't have a website live yet, the next best thing is to deliver you some behind-the-scenes content here, as well as at our Twitter locale, twitter.com/lavamagazine

Arriving Wednesday night, keep an eye out Thursday as soon as we get on the ground and see the middle east for the first time. Experiencing new cultures will certainly be a wonderful experience, race aside.

A huge thanks to the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority for hosting LAVA; we appreciate the opportunity to cover this truly exciting race with a twist on distances (2k swim/200k bike/20k run) that may shake up how the pro mens and womens races shake out, and see a pretty exciting, progressive part of the world at the same time.

And fret not, you'll certainly hear from me about Yas Marina Formula I race track (part of the race course for the tri) and Ferrari World. You'll be sick to death of it, in fact. Especially if they decide to shut things down to let me do a hot lap in their two-seater F1 car. You'll never hear the end of it. Whatever. I don't know if visiting the track is on my itinerary, but I'm going there anyway.

Check in with you later. سلام

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have always wanted to go to UAE..to see that building i once saw in youtube..think they call it the impossible city..the last time i went to another country was way back though i can still remember the kind gentleman who volunteered to order soma for me